Cleaning and Disinfecting Solutions Recipes from Scratch Guest Post
Maintaining an entire household in a perfect condition is a challenging task that can also take a lot of time, depending on the condition of the property. Plus, it can be pretty expensive provided that you opt for a bunch of cleaning detergents, widely advertised as efficient and capable of removing all the grease and grime, build up over a particular period of time. Have you ever considered trying home made detergents? All you need is no more than half an hour for preparation, a bit of patience and motivation. You might be glad to know that a great part of the ingredients for your home made cleaning supplies can be found in your kitchen cabinets. When you are pressed for time or money but you still want to live in a healthy environment, try preparing the detergents, mentioned bellow and you will be amazed by the result.
It is a well known fact that a different detergent should be applied to the delicate surfaces, the appliances and the fragile items. That’s why we have picked up the supplies that can be used for different purposes which can save some costs on specialist cleaning services and products:
- Have you ever estimated how much money you spend on fabric softener? You can substitute it with a home made one that can make the ironing easier. Just make a mixture of vinegar and a few drops of a preferred essential oil and add it to the rinse cycle
- Every home owner knows how important it is to keep the floors clean. Instead of buying useless commercial cleaning products, try out preparing your own detergent that lacks the harmful toxins that can cause skin irritations and allergies. Mix the following ingredients: several drops of essential oils, a tablespoon of washing soda, half a cup of baking soda, a basket filled 4 litres hot water. Mop the floors like you usually do and enjoy the freshness.
- The following recipe is absolutely appropriate for both upholstery cleaning and polishing stainless steel: half a cup of olive oil is mixed with a tablespoon of vinegar and a few drops of lemon juice. Dampen a microfiber rag with the mixture, apply it to the surface and then buff with a dry towel. This recipe is created by Hire Tenancy Cleaners W5 ans is really useful.
- Sanitizing the bathroom is another topic that is worthy of discussing. It is considered to be one of the places full of bacteria and germs. You can make the toilet bowl sparkling clean by applying equal parts of baking soda and vinegar. You can also add essential drops. Sprinkle the baking soda and pour the vinegar. Scrub for a couple of minutes and flush. You can use the same mixture for sanitizing the entire bathroom but adding some salt and dishwashing liquid is recommended.
- Contrary to a popular belief, the home made dishwashing liquid can be as efficient as the one you buy from the supermarket. The lack of bubbles doesn’t necessarily mean that it is unable to remove grease and grime. You just have to mix the required ingredients properly: half cup of salt and equal parts of borax and baking soda. Bear in mind that the detergent can be used in a dishwashing machine only.
- You can make your own detergent for wiping the dust down: what you need is equal parts of pure lemon oil and olive oil and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Remember to apply the mixture onto a soft cloth instead of directly treating the surface.
Despite being underestimated by many, the home made cleaning detergents can be a huge help in cleaning and sanitizing the entire property. Apart from inexpensive, they are also harmless to the environment and don’t pose any risk to your family. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.